We are very pleased to announce that as from 13th May 2020 we will be able to reopen the golf course for play.
Whilst we are delighted to be able to play golf again, the Coronavirus is still very much with us and so we will be strictly adhering to the Government’s rules on social distancing and general safety.
In essence, we will be discouraging any socialising at the golf club both before and after golf. This is contrary to our normal instincts and not ideal, but it will minimise the chance of the virus spreading. Your co-operation and help is greatly appreciated.
Our decision to re-open is based on the Government’s advice and we are most grateful to the UK Golf Federation, who have been lobbying the government hard for a workable way in which to re-open our golf courses.
The following section is taken directly from the Government’s Covid-19 Recovery Strategy (page 27), published on Monday 11th May 2020.
SAGE advise that the risk of infection outside is significantly lower than inside, so the Government is updating the rules so that, as well as exercise, people can now also spend time outdoors subject to: not meeting up with any more than one person from outside your household; continued compliance with social distancing guidelines to remain two metres (6ft) away from people outside your household; good hand hygiene, particularly with respect to shared surfaces; and those responsible for public places being able to put appropriate measures in place to follow the new COVID-19 Secure guidance. People may exercise outside as many times each day as they wish. For example, this would include angling and tennis. You will still not be able to use areas like playgrounds, outdoor gyms or ticketed outdoor leisure venues, where there is a higher risk of close contact and touching surfaces. You can only exercise with up to one person from outside your household – this means you should not play team sports, except with members of your own household.
So in order to golf safely, the following rules will apply:
1. Please book your time in the normal way and arrive at the course 10 minutes before you are due to start.
2. Golfers can only play in two balls unless all players are from the same household, then 3 & 4 balls are permitted – photographic proof may be required. Singles are also allowed, but cannot book.
3. You must not come to the golf course if you know you have got Coronavirus or suspect that you have come into contact with someone who has Coronavirus.
4. You must never get closer than 2m to any other person. The men’s and ladies’ toilets will be open, but only one person is allowed into the toilet area at any one time.
5. The clubhouse and changing rooms will remain closed.
6. We will be serving cold non-alcoholic drinks and chocolate only.
7. Please do not hold anybody else up on the course, as queuing could be problematic. If you lose your ball immediately wave any group behind through.
8. Golf buggies are allowed and can be booked via reception in the normal way, but only one person is allowed on each buggy, unless they can prove that they are from the same household.
9. Please do not touch the flagstick. The hole cups have been made deliberately shallow so that players need only touch the golf ball when retrieving it from the hole.
10. Please stand at least 2m apart at all times when waiting for other golfers to hit the shot. Care must be taken to park trolleys and golf bags at a greater distance to ensure that correct distancing is maintained.
Please make certain that you fully understand and agree to the above rules before starting your round. If you have any questions, then please phone reception on (01268) 533532.
Keep safe and enjoy your golf.
Best regards Colin Jenkins PGA
Welcome to Basildon Golf Course
Basildon Golf Course is a family friendly golf facility. Dress code is relaxed and everyone is welcome here.
We can offer top quality facilities in our new Function Suite, pictured above. You can read all about this new develpment on Golf Features here.
The bar area from our new function suite
If you are just beginning golf we are happy to help you from club-hire to expert PGA coaching to get you going just contact us at Baslidon Golf Course.
Green fees start from just £8 for 9 holes for juniors under 18 and as a Basildon resident you can play all day for just £26
If you want to get a good look at the course we have added flyover videos for each hole which you can see here